DOOMED HARDWARE

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Creative X-FI Fatal1ty Platinum Upgrade

This is my first non-onboard sound system in a long time and I decided to buy something nice to power my z5500 speakers. The difference is noticable, sound can go much louder and is clearer than before. So I couldn't ask for more really. $285 AU, UMart.


(above) Yummy, lots of gold connectors and black. Looks quite classy. I'm sure we can put a copper slug where that heatsink and get some LN2 onto this baby ASAP! (lolz)


(above) The front IO panel looks very nice and has everthing you need. And obviously the IR port for the remote.



(above) The front IO panel is connected by something that looks like an IDE cable. I got pissed off when I saw that ugly bastard, I thought I had gotten rid of those damn cables finally when I upgraded my DVDRW to a S2 drive. Oh well, it's long and doesn't follow the same annoying path an IDE cable would so it isn't that bad! It also requires a floppy style power cable to power it, which is easy as to do. It comes with a Molex to Floppy adapter as well.


(above) The remote, it works, 'nuff said.

(above) And finally the IO Drive resting in my PC, the flash really forces the matte black and glossy black inconsistancy to show, it looks great under normal lighting conditions.

I will add some benchmarks with the SC added tomorrow, but I expect a slight drop in my score.

No comments: